Riding lessons and rides in Grossarl
Longe- & riding lessons as well as pony days for the little ones
The happiness of the earth can be found on the back of the horses at the Hotel Auhof in Großarl. More specifically, on the backs of Bim Bam, Ostwind, Piccolo and Susi, the patient ponies and good horses that live on the Ponyranch next to the children’s and family hotel in the region of Salzburg. Riding instructor Laura Pritz, a certified skilled worker for agriculture and horse management as well as a hiking guide, has an eye on all two and four-legged friends in the stable. She leads the lessons and the rides and supervises the pony days for the smallest horse fans in the Auhof.
Everything about the horse: offers at the Hotel Auhof
Longe hours for beginners, riding lessons and rides for experienced riders are offered not only to hotel guests but also to external riding enthusiasts. Please arrange riding lessons and nature rides at the hotel reception or by calling +43 (0) 6414 8889 40. Riding is possible in summer and winter, from Monday to Friday. The Auhof offer for horse lovers and riders:
Lessons on the longe
The "long-leash" lesson is the safest way to gain your first riding knowledge. The riding instructor controls the horse, while the riding beginner can concentrate on their own movements and his balance.
Beginners and advanced students can best improve their riding skills in one-to-one lessons. The riding instructor is individually tailored to the needs of the rider and can specifically recommend corrections and practice improvements.
Trail rides for advanced riders
Anyone who is experienced in free-riding and is saddle-fast can take a ride with Laura, tailored to the experience and wishes of the rider. Before a ride, the rider's suitability is checked by the riding instructor in a 30 minute preparatory session.
Pony day with pony walk
On pony day, the good-natured horses are groomed, fed and saddled up. The guided pony ride is the highlight of the day even for the little ones. By the way, the cute Auhof ponies are also the darlings of teenagers and parents.
Prices for riding lessons and rides at the Hotel Auhof
Longe and private lessons
1 hour - 60 min Euro 25,00
10 x 1 hour + 1 time free Euro 250,00
5 x 1 hour Euro 125,00
½ hour - 30 min € 19,00
10 x ½ hour + 1 time free Euro 190,00
5 x ½ hour Euro 95,00
2 hours Euro 69,00
With pony walk depending on weather on request for free!
Riding safely with more fun - Tips for Kids
- Come to the stable about ten minutes before the appointment, so you can get to know your horse in peace and prepare yourself for the ride.
- Wear shoes that reach over the ankles or riding boots with a smooth sole.
- Tight-fitting jeans or riding breeches prevent chafing.
- Wearing a riding helmet is an absolute must! No helmet, no riding!
- Gloves prevent chafing caused by the reins.
- Be respectful to the instructor and follow her instructions, for your own safety.
- Pay attention to the horse and treat it kindly, because after all, it carries you on its back and strives to follow your instructions.
- Do not hastily leave the stable after the lesson, but take care of your horse and say goodbye to the riding instructor.
- Do not feed the horse with sweets or other foods. Ask your riding instructor if and what you are allowed to feed the horse.
- Treat saddlery and grooming items as if they were your own. Carefully handle them, wash the bridle and bring everything back to its place.
Hints for dealing with horses
Our horses are used to children. Nevertheless, they react according to their nature. Please absolutely follow the instructions of the riding instructor and do not leave your toddlers unattended in the vicinity of the horses. Do not approach the four-legged friends from behind, make the horses aware of you and wait for their reaction. The handling of the horses and riding is at your own risk, the operators of the Hotel Auhof and the staff are excluded from any liability.
Hotel Auhof online booking
Experience “pure nature” in the Hohe Tauern National Park with your children: Look forward to the diverse Auhof activity programme and book your family room today!