Way up high: cable car hiking in Großarltal
Whining children during arduous climbs, aching knees on the descent? No thank you! Start and end your hikes in high altitudes with cable car hiking in Salzburg’s Großarltal! Großarl cable cars get you up high to about 1,850 m above sea level. The trip alone is an adventure: Enjoy the gorgeous view and start your hiking experience with a panoramic view of numerous mountain peaks. Tip: The 4-star Hotel Auhof directly at the panoramic cable car valley station is the ideal base camp for cable car hiking in Salzburg!
Well-informed: hiking by cable car in Großarl
- Großarl cable car operating times and days:
- May/June and October every Tuesday and Saturday
- End of June – beginning of October daily except for Monday
- Operation times 9 am-12 am, then 1.30 pm, 2.30 pm, 3.30 pm, 4.30 pm
- Children up to 6 years free of charge
- Large discount for children aged 6-15
- NEW: “Ticket Star”, the ticket for cable car hiking Großarltal: Select three hiking days from up to 12 successive days and enjoy an ascent and a descent at a reduced rate
- For frequent hikers: Ski amadé summer season pass: cable car hiking in Salzburg in five attractive hiking regions
Cable cars in the valley of mountain pastures: hiking in Großarl
Plan visiting one or more mountain pastures when going cable car hiking in Großarltal: You will be treated to homemade alpine specialties in roughly 40 alpine cabins. Crispy wood-fired bread, refreshing buttermilk and fabulously delicious blackberry nocken are just some of the culinary pasture secrets that you will discover while hiking in Großarl.
Hotel Auhof online booking
Cable car hiking in Großarltal and relaxation at the 4-star Hotel Auhof directly at the panoramic cable car valley station: Enjoy your summer holiday in Salzburg! You can send your non-binding booking request now.