Climbing in the province of Salzburg
If you can’t wait to find the direct way up the mountain, the four fixed rope routes in Großarltal are perfect from June to October. Climbing routes of varying difficulty lead straight into the sky. The melodic names of the fixed rope routes in Großarltal: Kupfergeist, Gletschergoaß, Franzl and Bella Cascinaia. For those who want to play it safe, join a guided climbing tour. It is important to have the right equipment: rope, harness and express slings should be part of your climb. Once at the peak, enjoy the magnificent view before heading back to your starting point on a marked hiking trail.
Learn from pros: climbing on holiday in Großarl
You simply want to try climbing in the province of Salzburg? The Filzmoos Alpine School, which is only 50 km away from Großarl, offers climbing courses for beginners and advanced climbers, for children and parents, special climbing courses for teenagers and private climbing lessons. While climbing on holiday in Großarl is only possible outdoors, the climbing centre in Saalfelden roughly 60 km away offers the possibility to improve your climbing technique during bad weather from 10 am-10 pm.
Detailed information: 4 fixed rope routes in Großarl
- Kupfergeist: 240 m long, 140 m of altitude difference, grade D and E;
- unique view of Hüttschlag and the valley
- Gletschergoaß: 55 m long practice rope route, 250 m long fixed rope route,
- grade B
- Franzl: 400 m long, 210 m of altitude difference, grade C-D, since May 2012
- Bella Cascinaia: attractive sports rope route, grade C, D, E
- More climbing routes in Großarltal for experienced climbers on the Arlspitze
Get all the information you need for guided climbing tours and fixed rope routes in Großarltal at your 4-star Hotel Auhof, directly at the panoramic cable car station in Grossarl.
Hotel Auhof online booking
The four-star Hotel Auhof in Großarl is your hotel with top service and the best vantage point to explore the Großarltal. We are looking forward to your reservation!